Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gameport to PS/2 converter - the build

Some weeks ago i soldered my gameport 2 PS/2 converter on a breadboard.
Oh yeah - i am beginning to hate breadboards...
It took more time than thought, but i finished it and the circuit worked. At least with my trusty old 80286 computer. With my new one it did not - the circuit was blocking my keyboard as soon as i pressed a button on the gamepad. So it is only a 50% success.
Works on my old computer, but not on my new one.
With an logic analyzer it would be a piece of cake to make it work...

I modified the plan a bit. You should keep in mind that the connection to the connector pins on the male and the female ps/2 connector must to be mirrored.

For the female ps/2 connector i cannibalised an old industry pc motherboard.
For the male part i stripped away the cable from an old keyboard. It is good to have a lot of trash at home. ; )
The gameport connector was bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment